Tuesday, August 9, 2016

IBM Connections Docs 2.0 CR1 upgrade failure. Here´s the fix.

I attempted my first Docs 2.0 CR1 upgrade today, on a fresh Docs installation.

It failed.

I got the same error as Roberto Boccadoro did as described here:
https://rob59blog.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/ibm-connections-docs-cr1-installation-may-fail-with-an-error-on-conversion-server/




Roberto, thanks for this solution.
Although I ran into a new issue in step 4 of your solution.


I was not able to run the command:
upgrade_node.bat -installroot D:\IBM\ConnectionsDocs\Conversion -symcount 8

This is the error I got:

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "upgrade_node.py", line 5, in
    from config import CONFIG  File "D:\temp\docs_remote_installer\installer\config.py", line 46, in
    CONFIG=Config()  File "D:\temp\docs_remote_installer\installer\config.py", line 38, in __init__    self.get_input()  File "D:\temp\docs_remote_installer\installer\config.py", line 17, in get_input    if(not os.path.exists(options.install_root)):  File "d:\Python27\lib\genericpath.py", line 18, in exists    os.stat(path)TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

I then opened up the "upgrade_node.bat" file, and I noticed that the only thing it does is run python on the "upgrade_node.py" script.

After searching the net, I noticed a comment about the fact that python does not accept arguments unless they are defined with 2 hyphens, aka "--"

So I ran this command, which has 2 hyphens on the "installroot" and the "symcount" argument.

python upgrade_node.py --installroot d:\IBM\ConnectionsDocs\Conversion --symcount 8

This worked for me and Step 4 of Robertos guide worked.

1 comment:

Robert Farstad said...

Fyi, Roberto has updated his blog with my findings now, so that following his workaround is the way to go :-)