Here´s the output of the attempted upgrade:
And the iFixInstall.log file says:
WASX7017E: Exception received while running file “../”; exception information: : CWWSY0102E: Target with name docsserver was not found.
The fix last time was to edit the "applypatch.py" script where you had to comment out 2 lines + do some additional steps. (These additional steps are now described in the "Patch Guide.pdf" which is in the CR2 package btw. I´ll talk about those steps later on.)
The twist this time is that "applypatch.py" has changed and has more code in it. It´s not just a matter of uncommenting 2 lines. It has multiple if-statement for this specific part now....
This was CR1 code, where 2 lines needed to be commented out:
This is the code in applyPatch.py in CR2:
As you can see, it´s hard to figure out what to comment out.
So, I tried to just uncomment the line "update_conversion_binary()" like this:
I also added a logging.info line, just to be sure that the indent order in the py file is kept. python is mean if you don´t....
I then deleted the file "concord-config.json", which is in the CR2 installation catalog under the
DocsApp subdirectory. (This file gets created when you attempted the first upgrade).
Then, I ran the update again:
So, it has already been updated. Good.
Now, you have to fix the "soffice" part and the scheduled tasks part manually:
See in the "Patch guide.pdf" and go to the bottom, where the part about "Installing CR2 without job manager" is described, and start at step 3, which goes like this:
3. Copy the file [CR2_install_dir]\DocsConversion\docs_remote_installer.zip, extract it to directory "C:\temp\docs_remote_installer" for instance.
4. From Start, run cmd.exe, and then run command:
a. cd c:\temp\docs_remote_installer\installer\
b. Run command:
"upgrade_node.bat --installroot [CONVERSION_INSTALL_ROOT] --symcount [SYM_COUNT]"
(Remember the double hyphens!!)
• [CONVERSION_INSTALL_ROOT] is the install directory of Conversion, you can get it through WebSphere Console > Environment > WebSphere variables > CONVERSION_INSTALL_ROOT
• [SYM_COUNT] is the number of symphony instances, you can get this by counting how many inst* in [CONVERSION_INSTALL_ROOT]\symphony. Usually it is 4 or 8, but you should confirm it by yourself.
The command I used was:
"upgrade_node.bat --installroot D:\IBM\ConnectionsDocs\Conversion --symcount 8"
5. Check fixpack.log in directory [CONVERSION_INSTALL_ROOT]\logs\.
6. Repeat 3-5 for other Conversion servers.
7. Start IBMConversionCluster by clicking Websphere Console > Servers > Clusters > WebSphere application server clusters > IBMConversionCluster > Start.
Then check the url https://docs.yourdomain.com/conversion/version to see if it says 188.8.131.52.
Then, update the jar files which is described in the "Apply patch.pdf" regarding the viewerDaemonLib, the DocsExtention and the ViewExtention.
Then, do some testing of course.
And yeah. Running this upgrade_node.bat command deletes your scheduled tasks "sym_monitor" and "kill_timeout".
You have to reconfigure them if needed. I´ve blogged about this before here:
I don´t know how to check if my jobmanager works or not. The "Apply Patch.pdf" describes this:
3. If updating DocsConversion fails because jobmanager does not work, or updating conversion node fails, you can update DocsConversion according to Install IBMDocs CR2 Without Jobmanager at the end of the guide.If I knew how to check if my JobManager was working, then I could have followed the "without Jobmanager" install guide, and perhaps this would not be an issue for me.
I installed this CR2 on 2 different environments now, and the first time I got no issues. The second time, this happened.....
We will ask IBM about this.